In certain circumstances, individuals can file Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, online. The online filing is restricted to a single applicant (without co-applicants, or legal or accredited representation) and can be used in the following scenarios:
- B-1 temporary visitor for business;
- B-2 temporary visitor for pleasure;
- F-1 academic student with a specific status expiration date;
- F-2 spouse or child of an academic student with a specific expiration date;
- M-1 vocational student; or
- M-2 spouse or child of an M-1 student.
Individuals can also now file the following USCIS forms online: