美国移民和海关执法 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) 2018年1月10号公布其最新政策 – 将在各地法院内进行移民执法。参考原文 18013140
移民执法官员在奥巴马政府的时候就有在法院拿人，但是在川普的领导下，目前的逮捕率猛增了40％，而且其打击人群打击人群也更加广泛。有些法官放话不允许执法官员入内 – “法院不应该是移民局执法的诱饵。我们必须保护我们州法院司法系统的完整性，并保护使用它的人。” 有些人觉得这样的政策会造成负面影响，使得很多的外国人害怕碰到移民执法官员不从而敢走法院渠道来维护自己的权利。
On January 5, 2018, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey granted the U.S. government request to denaturalize Defendant Baljinder Singh a/k/a Davinder Singh. [Civil Action No. 17-7214 (SRC)]. Defendant had an in absentia deportation order from the United States under a different name than the one he used to secure his green card. He also failed to disclose his immigration records and alias on his N-400 naturalization application.
Recently, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) identified a large amount of missing fingerprints in its centralized database, and some had undisclosed criminal records. DHS will continue to seek denaturalization of U.S. citizens who obtain citizenship unlawfully. The agency has stated its intention to refer approximately an additional 1,600 cases for prosecution. Natural-born U.S. citizens may not have their citizenship revoked against their will. However, it is different for naturalized citizens. It is rare for a naturalized U.S. citizen to have his or her citizenship revoked, but it does happen.
U.S. citizenship carries its value and importance and taking it away is never treated lightly. So how can the government take away your U.S. citizenship? In a denaturalization proceeding, the U.S. Government has a heavy burden of proof . The law provides for the denaturalization of U.S. citizens whose citizenship orders and certificates of naturalization were “illegally procured or were procured by concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation.” The U.S. government must present “clear, unequivocal, and convincing” evidence justifying revocation of citizenship. The Supreme Court has enumerated four independent requirements for denaturalized:
- The naturalized citizen must have misrepresented or concealed some fact;
- The misrepresentation or concealment must have been willful;
- The fact must have been material, and
- The naturalized citizen must have procured citizenship as a result of the misrepresentation or concealment.
In short, citizenship could be taken away if the government can prove by clear and convincing evidence that Defendant procured citizenship through illegal means and willful misrepresentation.
国土安全部秘书约翰·凯利本周发布了两份备忘录，执行川普总统关于边境安全 border security (memo-1) 和 境内执法 interior enforcement (memo-2) 的行政命令。除了川普总统承诺建造的边界墙以外，我们在未来几个月可能会看到大规模的执法行为，并扩大拘留和加速递解出境的过程。
- 国土安全部备忘录还说，将延长加速遣返期限。从2周扩大到2年，并取消了移民在边境100英里内被捕的要求。现在来说， 如果你是新到美国两年以内，都有可能加速遣返。加速遣返的人不会通过遣返程序，涉及在移民法官面前举行听证会。所以说，我建议大家保持两（2）年的在美国生活的记录，以便您不被加速遣返。
- 对没有美国签证或没有资格获得签证的人来说， 之前当局允许使用的假释过程将受到极大的限制。
Maya King 律师事务所将随时通知您美国移民制度的最新变化。如果您或您的家人需要任何建议或帮助，请致电（913）717-7112 与我们联系，免费咨询。
Department of Homeland Security Secretary, John Kelly, releases two memorandums this week implementing President’s Trump’s executive orders on border security (memo-1) and interior enforcement (memo-2). Besides the border wall President Trump promised to build, we will likely to see massive enforcement effort in the upcoming months and scaled up detention and expedited removal.
Below are some of points I summarized:
- DHS seeks to deport anyone who “poses a risk to public safety or national security.” However, DHS did not define these two terms clearly. Theoretically speaking, DHS could label someone being “a risk to public safety” even if (s)he is not charged or convicted for a crime.
- DHS will focus on undocumented immigrants who have been (1) convicted or even charged with a criminal offense, including minor traffic infractions, (2) abused any program related to receipt of public benefits, i.e. received any government assistance, or (3) “have engaged in fraud or willful misrepresentation in connection with any official matter before a governmental agency”, including using fake Social Security numbers to work or lie on I-9 forms.
- DHS memos expanded the period of expedited removal from 2 weeks to 2 years after people enter the country, and eliminated the requirement that the immigrants be caught within 100 miles of the border. People in expedited removal will not go through the removal proceedings, which involve a hearing before an immigration judge. It is extremely important to keep records of two (2) year presence so you are not put in expedited removal.
- The use of parole authority to allow immigrants, who are not in possession of visas or not eligible for visas, to come to the U.S. will be extremely restricted.
- DHS seeks to return aliens, including unaccompanied children, who entered from a foreign land contiguous to the U.S. to where they arrived, meaning if they entered from Mexico, DHS will return them to Mexico, regardless of their nationality.
- DHS will hire an additional 10,000 ICE agents and officers to carry out enforcement priorities. We will likely to see more deportation and detention nationwide.
- DHS wants expand to continue and increase state and local law enforcement involvement in border areas, so they can aid in immigration enforcement.
The Law Office of Maya King will keep you informed about the newest changes in the complicated U.S. immigration system. If you or your family needs any advice or help, please call us at (913) 717-7112 for a free consultation.
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) reported that “ICE has once again commenced targeted enforcement actions by reinstituting ‘Operation Cross Check’.” Arrests, raids, inspections are being reported across the country.
President Trump’s Executive Order on interior enforcement could potentially affect a broad range of individuals.
Currently, AILA reports the ICE targeted operations are focused on three populations:
- Fugitives – Anyone with an outstanding order of removal;
- Individuals who reentered the U.S. after they were deported;
- At large “criminal aliens” – Anyone with any criminal conviction, mainly violent crimes, sex offenders, prior felonies, etc.
If you or your loved ones are caught up in the ICE sweep, you need a competent and experienced immigration attorney to guide you through the complex immigration system. Call 913-717-7112 today for a free consultation.
美国移民律师协会（AILA）报告说，移民海关执法(ICE)已通过恢复行动交叉检查. ICE再次开始有针对性的执法行动。 川普总统关于内部执行的行政命令可能会有广泛影响涉及很多移民或者非法移民。据报道，美国全国各地都有逮捕，快速突击检查，和实地视察。
- 逃犯 – 任何有递解令在身的人;
如果你或你的亲人被困在移民监狱中，你需要一个经验丰富的移民律师来指导你完成复杂的美国移民法律系统。 致电913-717-7112 | 免费咨询。