Amy is a Senior Paralegal at King Law Group. She is an essential team member in the areas of family, criminal, civil law, and immigration. She provides a high level of skilled support that is integral to the firm.
Amy works directly with clients, and communicates with opposing counsel, court staff, and agency personnel for a variety of legal matters. In addition to the aforementioned, her duties also entail, drafting state and federal court pleadings, which include: dissolution, custody, criminal discovery demands, immigration applications, child support motions, and affidavits. She assembles and organizes exhibits and other materials necessary for court hearings and trials, obtains facts as an investigator, and finds necessary case law and statutes as a legal researcher.
Amy also works on cases containing delicate facts, which require specialized knowledge when working with clients, in order to obtain sensitive information in a respectful and comprehensible manner.
Amy has over ten years of experience in the legal field. She began her career in a small law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota but wanted to expand her horizons and therefore, accepted the Senior Paralegal position at King Law Group. Amy has traveled to different countries in Latin America and Europe. During college, she studied abroad in Alicante, Spain.
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language from Hamline University, 2018
- ABA approved Paralegal Certificate from Hamline University, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish and a minor in Sociology from the University of Minnesota, Mankato, 2007
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2014
- Minnesota Family Law Practice for Paralegals CLE, 2012
- Family Law Clinic CLE, 2010
- Former member of the Minnesota Paralegal Association and Hamline’s Paralegal Society