International entrepreneurs who are ready to file for parole status will now be delayed until March 14, 2018. DHS further believes the IE final rule may be rescinded.
The International Entrepreneur Final Rule (IE final rule) was initially published at at 82 Federal Register 5238 on January 17, 2017 with an effective start date of July 17, 2018. Unfortunately for the ones who really want to take advantage of this new opportunity, the effective date is now delayed until March 14, 2018. The Department of Homeland Security cites President Trump’s January 25, 2017 Executive Order to improve border security and immigration enforcement as the reason of the delay. DHS is required to exercise parole authority with caution.
The IE final rule provides USCIS with a case-by-case discretionary parole authority. International Entrepreneurs who can demonstrate their parole to the U.S. would provide a significant benefit to the U.S. will be allowed an initial stay of 30 months (with the option for extension for 30 months).
国土安全部秘书约翰·凯利本周发布了两份备忘录，执行川普总统关于边境安全 border security (memo-1) 和 境内执法 interior enforcement (memo-2) 的行政命令。除了川普总统承诺建造的边界墙以外，我们在未来几个月可能会看到大规模的执法行为，并扩大拘留和加速递解出境的过程。
- 国土安全部备忘录还说，将延长加速遣返期限。从2周扩大到2年，并取消了移民在边境100英里内被捕的要求。现在来说， 如果你是新到美国两年以内，都有可能加速遣返。加速遣返的人不会通过遣返程序，涉及在移民法官面前举行听证会。所以说，我建议大家保持两（2）年的在美国生活的记录，以便您不被加速遣返。
- 对没有美国签证或没有资格获得签证的人来说， 之前当局允许使用的假释过程将受到极大的限制。
Maya King 律师事务所将随时通知您美国移民制度的最新变化。如果您或您的家人需要任何建议或帮助，请致电（913）717-7112 与我们联系，免费咨询。
Department of Homeland Security Secretary, John Kelly, releases two memorandums this week implementing President’s Trump’s executive orders on border security (memo-1) and interior enforcement (memo-2). Besides the border wall President Trump promised to build, we will likely to see massive enforcement effort in the upcoming months and scaled up detention and expedited removal.
Below are some of points I summarized:
- DHS seeks to deport anyone who “poses a risk to public safety or national security.” However, DHS did not define these two terms clearly. Theoretically speaking, DHS could label someone being “a risk to public safety” even if (s)he is not charged or convicted for a crime.
- DHS will focus on undocumented immigrants who have been (1) convicted or even charged with a criminal offense, including minor traffic infractions, (2) abused any program related to receipt of public benefits, i.e. received any government assistance, or (3) “have engaged in fraud or willful misrepresentation in connection with any official matter before a governmental agency”, including using fake Social Security numbers to work or lie on I-9 forms.
- DHS memos expanded the period of expedited removal from 2 weeks to 2 years after people enter the country, and eliminated the requirement that the immigrants be caught within 100 miles of the border. People in expedited removal will not go through the removal proceedings, which involve a hearing before an immigration judge. It is extremely important to keep records of two (2) year presence so you are not put in expedited removal.
- The use of parole authority to allow immigrants, who are not in possession of visas or not eligible for visas, to come to the U.S. will be extremely restricted.
- DHS seeks to return aliens, including unaccompanied children, who entered from a foreign land contiguous to the U.S. to where they arrived, meaning if they entered from Mexico, DHS will return them to Mexico, regardless of their nationality.
- DHS will hire an additional 10,000 ICE agents and officers to carry out enforcement priorities. We will likely to see more deportation and detention nationwide.
- DHS wants expand to continue and increase state and local law enforcement involvement in border areas, so they can aid in immigration enforcement.
The Law Office of Maya King will keep you informed about the newest changes in the complicated U.S. immigration system. If you or your family needs any advice or help, please call us at (913) 717-7112 for a free consultation.
As of Thursday, January 26, 2017, ICE headquarter had not issued new directives or guidance on how to implement the Executive Orders signed by President Trump. However, some local ICE offices, including Kansas City Office of Chief Counsel, will hold requests for prosecutorial discretion (PD) in abeyance .
截至2017年1月26日星期四，ICE总部未就如何实施特朗普总统签署的行政命令发布新的指令或指导。 然而，一些地方ICE办公室，包括堪萨斯城移民顾问办公室，将暂停prosecutorial discretion (PD)请求。