Maya King graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School Cum Laude.
Maya represents clients in various immigration matters, including removal trials and appeals, immigrant and non-immigrant visas (student, visitor, etc.), and humanitarian matters (U visas and asylum cases). Maya also handles business immigration matters including H visas, PERM process, L visas, and etc.
Maya also represents clients in family matters in Johnson County and Wyandotte County in Kansas and Clay County and Jackson County in Missouri.
Before moving to Kansas City and opening her law firm, she was in private practice in the Twin Cities. She also clerked for the Ramsey County Public Defenders’ Office in Saint Paul, and the Honorable Judge Tamara Garcia of the Fourth Judicial District Court in Minneapolis.
- Juris Doctor, University of Minnesota Law School, Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism, University of Kansas, With Distinctions
- Asian American Bar Association of Kansas City
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Kansas City Chinese Association (KCCA)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Mandarin / Chinese